Monday 13 July 2009

Nite Out

I went out into town on Saturday which was my first proper night out ever.

It's strange as I used to find it annoying people going on about being drunk like it's an achievement but when you're drunk you think you're so cool and unique and invincible. I went to the 80s bar called Reflex. I also did highly impressive things like dancing with strangers and falling flat on my back, which I will make sure to add to my CV and which I should also mention is extremely unlike me.

It's strange how you just want to tell people. It's like the most amazing thing ever. No inhibitions or anything.

It is a bit cringe-worthy to think back as I was boogieing on down in a room where no one else was dancing...but it just felt so right at the time. I went out about 8pm and then five minutes later it was 2am! I came home with an achey head and I ached all over the following day as I danced the night away but I want to go out and do it again and again.

It's also brilliant being with your own species who also lose their inhibitions too. I think being with other humans is so important..it really makes you feel alive.

3 comments:

J Adamthwaite said...

Sounds like you had a good night. I don't enjoy nights like this as much as I used to and I tend to go home once people start moving onto clubs, but maybe that's partly to do with living in London! I'm much more of a dinner with friends/quiet drink kind of person nowadays... though I agree that sociability is important.

Jenny said...

Haha, I would never have thought *I* would enjoy a club. I always thought I was a girl who liked nice quiet things but I dunno. It's only the first time I've done that, maybe the entertainment value will wear off.

Why do you think it might be to do with living in London? Is it too lively or something?

J Adamthwaite said...

It's just a pain to get home again! The tube stops at about 12:30 and after that it's strings of night buses, which take hours to get where you want to go. It's also very expensive and I guess I just don't feel that the gain I get from spending the money is worth it anymore. Plus all my friend live in different parts of London, so eventually you all have to head home in separate directions, which again lessens the appeal. I HATE travelling through London on my own!