Friday 10 July 2009

Llandudno




I have just returned from the little victorian town, Llandudno. My sister came with us at the last minute and I'm really glad she did as I think I would have felt quite isolated as we were the youngest in the hotel and, it seemed, the youngest in Llandudno, as the tourists seem to all look over seventy.

I enjoy pursuits with the older generation as I go to a centre for people with dementia and I also have just started volunteering on a hospital ward for the elderly, and I find the people I've come across' company really lovely from my experiences, but in Llandudno I was starting to feel really self conscious and like I am living the wrong kind of life with the wrong generation!

I have mostly shopped til I dropped and eaten til I exploded on this holiday. I've also been experimenting with different drinks too, which is unusual for me as I never drink really! I also did a bit of dancing to the hotel entertainment, which was fun, I didn't mind as again everyone on the dance floor was 70+.

Here are a few photographs I've taken of my holiday:























I didn't take as many as I liked. The thing is I have a DSLR camera and it's starting to become a pain to carry during leisurely activities as it's not like I can fit it in my handbag.

ALSO something really annoying happened - I was walking along, eating a sandwich and a seagull swooped down and nicked it out of my hand!! I dislike seagulls now.

Overall, I've had fun...I am going 'down town' on Saturday night, which is a scary prospect..I'm hoping it will be a positive experience in making contact with people more my own age.





2 comments:

J Adamthwaite said...

The seagull story really made me laugh (although I can see how it wouldn't be so funny if it was your sandwich!) Also, I love the picture of the seagull's feet.

Jenny said...

It was quite funny in hindsight just a shock at the time!